Thursday 20 December 2012



#1 Starting off with a blank page/mind

Ah, the blank page. It seems like the place to begin for a blog about writing. And not writing. 

Much has been written about the blank page, which seems a bit ironic really. 


I was going to call this post “The tyranny of the blank page” (I was convinced that I’d actually created this cunning description - I was sure it had come to me during a fevered dream which involved a cantankerous owl wielding a dodo feather quill). 


Then I thought, hang on, I’ll just Google that to check.

Google said “About 140,000 results”. Mmmmm.

Don’t you just hate it when all your good ideas have already been thought up by other people, ages ago, probably when computers were just people who were good at counting. 

It puts me in mind of that Pink Floyd song Dark Side of the Moon when Roger Waters sings “Thought I'd something more to say.”



Never mind. Back to the old drawing board!



No comments: